Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free)
This week has been so full of excitement and adventure that writing this blog post feels like the first time all week that I've sat down at the computer for an extended period of time (which is super unusual for me). All the new things that have been happening over here are super fun and exciting so I'm not complaining one bit!
One of the adventures for this week included silent disco yoga at a winery. Yes, all three of the best things ever combined into one event. And it also included a post-yoga Sweetgreens salad. I mean, if that's not what you do in heaven, please don't sign me up. I took a class through Outdoor Yoga SF, which hosts yoga practices in various settings like the beach and winery, and it was such a magical time! The teacher, Julie, led us through an amazing practice with some booty shaking and singing along to Justin Bieber, which reminded us to be present and not take ourselves so seriously. I left that evening so full of gratitude for the practice, the city that's always filled with adventures (San Francisco, I love you), and my health.
Another thing I was grateful for? To come home to these Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies for dessert! With only 9 super simple and clean ingredients, these were just the thing I needed for dessert in my post-yoga blissed out state. My husband came home right as I was digging into these (straight out of the pan with my hands - no shame) and he snatched a bite right out of my hands. He loved it so much and guessed almost all the ingredients in it - that's how you know he's married to a professional baker - but was shocked when I told him that it's also VEGAN. He normally writes off all things vegan so this was obviously a major success. Trust me, this is no easy feat - I've tried making those vegan blondies with garbanzo beans and he was not so impressed.
These blondies are simple to make and the best part is that you can taste the batter before it bakes up since it's egg-free! They're super moist and filled with delicious bites of melty chocolate. The banana and sunflower seed butter flavors are subtle and taste like butterscotch when combined with the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Try these magical blondies out and bring them with you on your next adventure!
vegan banana chocolate chip blondies (paleo, gluten-free, nut-free, egg-free)
Time: 30 mins
- 1 cup (245 g) sunflower seed butter (only ingredient should be sunflower seeds)
- 3 (~300 g) ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (80 g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30 g) coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chocolate chips (I used the Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sunflower seed butter, banana, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract on medium speed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. Add dry mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Remove from bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes until the top has browned and springs back when lightly touched. Let cool and cut into 9 servings. Enjoy!